- Sharing your common interest in astronomy with others.
- Access to members with a wealth of expertise in various aspects of amateur astronomy.
- Advice on purchasing a telescope, mount, eyepieces and other accessories.
- Advice on setting up your observing equipment.
- Advice on operating your equipment.
- Advice on maintaining your equipment.
- Advice on upgrading your equipment.
- Occasional telescope ‘workshop’ evenings.
Members Private Observing Nights
- Access to members observing field nights at our two dark sky sites.
- Access to our Stargard observing site at no additional charge.
- Low cost entry to our Forest observing site.
- Accommodation at the Forest.
- One free weekend per MAS financial year at The Forest dark sky observing site.
- Access to public outreach nights without the need to book.
- Regular access to monthly meetings.
- Regular guest speakers, including elite professional astronomers and experienced amateurs.
- Purchase of MAS merchandise at membership prices.
- Extended website access.
- Private Messaging (PM) facility, to directly contact other members and receive messages from the President.
- Trade discounts at Jaycar electronics stores.
- Lower cost for observing nights at The Forest.
- Renew membership on time and avoid paying another joining fee.
- Membership fee discounts for families, students and pensioners.
- The Society’s NSW Police registration, negating the need for individual registration of a laser pointer with the Police for astronomical use.
- Use of one of our loan telescopes (after a qualifying period).
- Annual membership identity card and name tag to display at meetings.
- Free display of members astronomical images – on website, at exhibitions and/or on collaborative DVD etc.
- Membership awards for 5/10/15/20/25 years continuous membership.